Family Fall Festival 2019
Sponsored by Rotary Club Of Cupertino , City of Cupertino and Fine Arts League of Cupertino.
Show Date: September 14, 2019
Time: Family Fall Festival - 10 AM to 4:30 PM,
Crab Feed Festival 5PM to 8PM
Location: Family Fall Festival - Senior Center, Cupertino,
Crab Feed Festival: Quinlan Community Center
Judge: Jeff Bramschreiber
Open to all artists working in the visual arts. All submissions will be juried in. The FALC organizing committee reserves the right to remove any works, not suitable for public display.
Online Submissions must be received by August 15, 2019.
- Work in acrylics, water media, oils, photography, digital art, dry and mixed media can be submitted.
- Artists may submit up to 3 art works. Entry fee is not refundable.
- FALC Exhibiting members - $30
- Cupertino residents - $35
- Non-Cupertino residents - $45
- Artists must submit the online form, upload the images before August 14.
- The entry fee should be paid on or before September 8th. Checks should be made payable to FALC.
Rules of Entry:
- All work must be original and executed by the exhibiting artist.
- Art works may not be a copy or obviously resemble other artists’ art works, including images in the public domain, reproductions and photographs. An exception will be made if Artist can present a signed release, allowing the use of someone else’s artwork (presumably a photograph) for reference.
- Submitted work must not have been exhibited at the previous Fall Fest Shows and must have been completed within the last 3 years.
- The specific work accepted for the show is to be made available for the show. Artwork that is submitted cannot be exchanged with another piece.
- All artwork must be hand delivered. FALC does not provide a facility to mail artwork to. All submitted artwork has to be for sale.
- Artist will be paid for any sold artwork by the end of the show. FALC will collect a 10% commission on sales.
- FALC Members can display prints, cards and other artworks during the reception and show. Holding bins and racks will be provided. All items sold during the show are subject to 10% donation to FALC.
- The show committee reserves the right not to accept unsuitable items.
- FALC members must volunteer for at least two positions at the show or be a committee member. Non‐FALC members are welcome and encouraged to volunteer also
- Any piece of submitted art that does not follow the FALC framing guidelines will be rejected from the show.
- All submitted work must be properly framed and ready to hang. Artwork must be completely dry, exposed paints must be solid to touch (not only surface dry).
- Artwork on canvas must be framed or be painted around the sides.
- Frames must be made of metal or wood
- Watercolors, photographs, pastels and works on paper must be framed under protective Plexiglas.
- Artwork measuring less than 20" in either dimension can be framed under glass at the artist's risk. FALC will not be held responsible for glass that may break during the show.
- All frames and canvases must have flat D-rings holding the wire in the back. Sawtooths, clamps, clips, or screw eyes will not be accepted - no exceptions.
- The raw ends of the wires must be taped to prevent injury while handling. Stretch the wire tight. It should be at least 3"" from the top of the frame when the picture is hanging. Simple neutral frames and mats are preferred.
- Due to limited space, artwork measuring more than 72" on the longest side (framed size) cannot be accepted to the show. Please note that size may be a consideration when jurying into the show. You will need to supply an easel or stand for any artwork measuring more than 38" or for any 3 dimensional works.
- Work requiring special handling of any kind will not be accepted.
- Triptychs and Diptychs are accepted, as equivalent to 3 or 2 entries respectively.
Awards: Will be announced shortly
2019 FALC Fall Fest Calendar
August 15: Deadline for submissions.
August 18: Notification sent for acceptance.
September 13: Receiving artwork and Panel set up - 5:00PM - 6:00PM-senior Center 5-6 pm panel (two teams will set the panels simultaneously at both places) set up cupertino community center.
September 13: Show hanging - 6:00PM - 7:30 PM
September 14: Show Judging - 8:00AM - 9:30AM
September 14: Reception and awards - 11:30-11:40am amphitheater area- memorial park
September 14: Artwork pickup, display takedown - 4:50pm - senior center and hanging the work at community centre at 5:00 pm take down panels at 5:00pm from senior center once hanging done at community centre. We will request and require full support of participant volunteers as we will be covering two shows final take down at 8:00 from quinlan community center.
Show Coordinator: Janki Chokshi
Receiving, Takedown and Display Coordinator: Janki Chokshi
Judging Coordinator: Janki Chokshi
Awards Coordinator: Shubha Prithviraj
Photobooth Coordinator: Anandhi Pugazanthi
Publicity Coordinator: Geeta Taneja and Sriharsha Annadore
Sales Coordinator: Divya Eby
Food Coordinator: Namratha Prithviraj
Receiving: (4) 5:00 - 6:00 PM
Panel setup: (6) 5:00 - 6:00 PM
Hanging: (6) 6:00 - 7:30 PM
Judging: (1) 8:00 - 9:30 AM
Sitting 1: (2) 9:45 AM - 1:00 PM
Sitting 2: (2) 12:45 - 3:00 PM
Sitting 3: (2) 2:45 - 5:00 PM
Panel takedown: (All) 5:00 PM