Silicon Valley Fall Festival 2023
Sponsored by Rotary Club Of
Cupertino, City of Cupertino, and
Fine Arts League of Cupertino, University Art
Show Date: September 9, 2023
Time: 10 AM to 8 PM
Location: Cupertino Room, Quinlan center, Cupertino,
Judge: Richard Ambrose
Open to all artists working in the visual arts. All submissions will be juried in. The FALC organizing committee reserves the right to remove any works not suitable for public display. Artists will be notified in that case and will be given a chance to replace the artwork suitable for public display.
Online Submissions must be received by August 30 th, 2023 (Wednesday 11:59 pm)
- Work in acrylics, water media, oils, photography, digital art, dry and mixed media can be submitted.
- Artists may submit up to 3 art works. Entry fee is not refundable.
- FALC Exhibiting members - $30
Include Service Fees of 3% for PayPal.
- Artists must submit the online form, upload the images before August 30th 2023 (Wednesday 11:59 pm).
- The entry fee should be paid on or before September 11th. Checks should be made payable to FALC. Payment can be made online. Link will be shared in the response email. The entry fee should be paid on or before August 30th 2023 (Wednesday 11:59 pm). For online payment, the link will be shared in the response email.
Rules of Entry:
- • Artwork must be solely the original concept, design, and execution of the submitting artist. - Any reference photos used in creating the artwork must be Original taken by the submitting artist.
- - Reference photos taken by anyone other than the submitting artist may be used only when those images are incidental to and not the focus of the artwork.
- - Artwork created from other references should not be identical copy of the reference used. Also, the reference used should not be copyrighted.
- • NOT ALLOWED:
- - Work in which the primary subject has been copied directly from someone else’s photograph, even with permission.
- - Work copied from any copyrighted or published materials.
- - Work copied from any image downloaded from online photo sites.
- - Reproductions such as prints or giclee of artwork.
- - Collaborative works executed by more than one artist, including classroom projects and exercises. - You may, however, submit artwork of your own design which was worked on in a class or critiqued by others, if you are the primary creative force.
- - No Nudes or partial or suggestive nudes
- Steering committee will review all the work before at show and hold the right to disqualify any work not following above mentioned guidelines. Artist will be given chance to replace the work in such case
- ● Submitted work must not have been won significant awards like Best of show, second or third places at the previous Fall Fest Shows. However, those artworks are eligible for participating and could get other awards except best of show second and third place) and must have been completed within the last 5 years.
- The specific work accepted for the show is to be made available for the show. Artwork that is submitted cannot be exchanged with another piece.
- All artwork must be hand-delivered. FALC does not provide a facility to mail artwork to.
- Artists will be paid for any sold artwork by the end of the show. FALC will collect a 10% commission on sales.
- FALC Members can display prints, cards and other artworks during the reception and show. Holding bins and racks will be provided. All items sold during the show are subject to 10% donation to FALC.
- Participating artist must volunteer for Loading the panels to the van from janki’s house and unloading from the Van at janki’s house.
- • Artwork must be solely the original concept, design, and execution of the submitting artist. o Any reference photos used in creating the artwork must be Original taken by the submitting artist. o Reference photos taken by anyone other than the submitting artist may be used only when those images are incidental to and not the focus of the artwork. o Artwork created from other references should not be identical copy of the reference used. Also, the reference used should not be copyrighted.
- All submitted work must be properly framed and ready to hang. Artwork must be completely dry, exposed paints must be solid to touch (not only surface dry).
- Artwork on canvas must be framed or be painted around the sides.
- Frames must be made of metal or wood
- Watercolors, photographs, pastels and works on paper must be framed under protective Plexiglas.
- Artwork measuring less than 20" in either dimension can be framed under glass at the artist's risk. FALC will not be held responsible for glass that may break during the show.
- All frames and canvases must have flat D-rings holding the wire in the back. Sawtooths, clamps, clips, or screw eyes will not be accepted - no exceptions.
- The raw ends of the wires must be taped to prevent injury while handling. Stretch the wire tight. It should be at least 3"" from the top of the frame when the picture is hanging. Simple neutral frames and mats are preferred.
- Due to limited space, artwork measuring more than 72" on the longest side (framed size) cannot be accepted to the show. Please note that size may be a consideration when jurying into the show. You will need to supply an easel or stand for any artwork measuring more than 36".
- Work requiring special handling of any kind will not be accepted.
- Triptychs and Diptychs are accepted, as equivalent to 3 or 2 entries respectively.
Best of Show $350
Second Place $200
Third Place $100
Special Category Best of Awards - 5 awards ($ 70 each)
Special category awards:
Best of creativity
Best of realism
Best of abstract
Best of landscape
Best of figurative.
Each one is $70.
Total is $350.
Honorable Mentions up to 5 as per judges discretion
2023 FALC Silicon Valley Day N Night festival Calendar
August 30: Deadline for submissions.
September 5th: Notification sent for acceptance.
September 8th: Receiving artwork and Panel set up - 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM - Quinlan community center 5:30pm -6:30 pm
panel set up : Cupertino community center 6:30- 7:30 pm .
September 9th: Show Judging - 8:00AM - 9:30AM
September 9th: Reception and awards - 4:45pm - memorial park stage area
September 9th: Artwork pickup, display takedown - 7:30 pm No one is allowed to take down the artwork before takedown time.
We will request and require full support of participant volunteers as we set up and take down at 7:30 pm
Show Coordinator: Janki Chokshi
Receiving : Kalpana Adesara
Set up and Takedown : All participants
Display Coordinator: Shriharsha Annadore and steering team
Judging and Awards Coordinator: Janki Chokshi and Sriharsha and Saikat
Reception Coordinator: Steering Team
Publicity Coordinator: Kalpana , Sriharsha , And Anandhi
Treasurer: Divya Eby
Sales Coordinator: Kalpana Adesara
Loading from Jankis house: Half participating members.
Receiving: (4) 5:30 - 6:30 PM
Panel setup: (6) 6:30 - 7:30 PM
Hanging: All artists will be assigned their panels to hang their own art.
Sitting 1: (2) 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Sitting 2: (2) 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Sitting 3: (2) 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Sitting 3: (2) 4:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Sitting 3: (2) 6:00 PM onwards till wind up
Panel takedown: (All) 8:00 PM
Load out to Jankis house: Half participating members.