Silicon Valley Day N Night Festival 2021
Sponsored by Rotary Club Of Cupertino, City of Cupertino, and Fine Arts League of Cupertino.
Show Date: September 11, 2021
Time: 10 AM to 8 PM
Location: Family Fall Festival - Senior Center, Cupertino,
Judge: Will be announced
Open to all artists working in the visual arts. All submissions will be juried in. The FALC organizing committee reserves the right to remove any works not suitable for public display.
Online Submissions must be received by September 6th, 9AM, 2021.
- Work in acrylics, water media, oils, photography, digital art, dry and mixed media can be submitted.
- Artists may submit up to 3 art works. Entry fee is not refundable.
- FALC Exhibiting members - $30
- Cupertino residents - $35
- Non-Cupertino residents - $45
Rules of Entry:
- All work must be original and executed by the exhibiting artist.
- Art works may not be a copy or obviously resemble other artists’ art works, including images in the public domain, reproductions and photographs. An exception will be made if Artist can present a signed release, allowing the use of someone else’s artwork (presumably a photograph) for reference.
- Submitted work must not have been won at the previous Fall Fest Shows and must have been completed within the last 5 years.
- The specific work accepted for the show is to be made available for the show. Artwork that is submitted cannot be exchanged with another piece.
- All artwork must be hand-delivered. FALC does not provide a facility to mail artwork to. All submitted artwork has to be for sale.
- Artists will be paid for any sold artwork by the end of the show. FALC will collect a 10% commission on sales.
- FALC Members can display prints, cards and other artworks during the reception and show. Holding bins and racks will be provided. All items sold during the show are subject to 10% donation to FALC.
- The show committee reserves the right not to accept unsuitable items.
- FALC members must volunteer for at least two positions at the show. Non‐FALC members are welcome and encouraged to volunteer also
- Any piece of submitted art that does not follow the FALC framing guidelines will be rejected from the show.
- All submitted work must be properly framed and ready to hang. Artwork must be completely dry, exposed paints must be solid to touch (not only surface dry).
- Artwork on canvas must be framed or be painted around the sides.
- Frames must be made of metal or wood
- Watercolors, photographs, pastels and works on paper must be framed under protective Plexiglas.
- Artwork measuring less than 20" in either dimension can be framed under glass at the artist's risk. FALC will not be held responsible for glass that may break during the show.
- All frames and canvases must have flat D-rings holding the wire in the back. Sawtooths, clamps, clips, or screw eyes will not be accepted - no exceptions.
- The raw ends of the wires must be taped to prevent injury while handling. Stretch the wire tight. It should be at least 3"" from the top of the frame when the picture is hanging. Simple neutral frames and mats are preferred.
- Due to limited space, artwork measuring more than 72" on the longest side (framed size) cannot be accepted to the show. Please note that size may be a consideration when jurying into the show. You will need to supply an easel or stand for any artwork measuring more than 36".
- Work requiring special handling of any kind will not be accepted.
- Triptychs and Diptychs are accepted, as equivalent to 3 or 2 entries respectively.
Best of Show $350
Second Place $200
Third Place $100
Special Category Best of Awards - 5 awards ($ 70 each)
Special category awards:
Best of creativity
Best of realism
Best of abstract
Best of landscape
Best of figurative.
Each one is $70.
Total is $350.
2021 FALC Silicon valley Day N Night festival Calendar
September 6th: Deadline for submissions.
September 8th: Notification sent for acceptance.
September 10th: Receiving artwork and Panel set up - 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM -senior Center 5-6 pm panel (two teams will set the panels simultaneously at both places) set up Cupertino community center.
September 11th: Show Judging - 8:00AM - 9:30AM
September 11th: Reception and awards - 11:30-11:40am - memorial park
September 11th: Artwork pickup, display takedown - 8:00 pm
We will request and require full support of participant volunteers as we take down at 8:00 pm
Show Coordinator: Janki Chokshi
Receiving : Geeta Taneja
Takedown : All participants
Display Coordinator: Shriharsha Annadore and steering team
Judging and Awards Coordinator: Janki Chokshi and Shubha Prithvi Raj
Reception Coordinator: Shubha Prithvi Raj
Publicity Coordinator: Geeta Taneja
Sales Coordinator: Anandhi Pugazanthi
Receiving: (4) 5:00 - 6:30 PM
Panel setup: (6) 6:00 - 7:00 PM
Hanging: (6) 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Judging: (1) 8:00 - 9:30 AM
Sitting 1: (2) 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Sitting 2: (2) 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Sitting 3: (2) 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Sitting 3: (2) 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Sitting 3: (2) 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Panel takedown: (All) 8:00 PM