FALC Fall Fest 2016
After reading the Prospectus click here for the online application form.
Sponsored by the Rotary Club Of Cupertino ,
City of Cupertino and Fine Arts League of Cupertino.
Location: Senior Center, 21251 Stevens Creek Blvd, Cupertino, CA 95014
Show: September 10, 2016 - 10 AM to 5 PM
Judge: Veronica Gross
Open to all artists working in the visual arts. Show is limited to 115 entries and all submissions
will be juried in. The FALC organizing committee reserves the right to remove any works, not suitable for public display.
Online Submissions must be received by September 5, 2016.
- Work in acrylics, water media, oils, photography, digital art, sculpture, ceramics, dry and mixed media can be submitted.
- Artists may submit up to 3 art works. Entry
fee is not refundable.
- FALC Exhibiting members - $30
- Cupertino residents - $35
- Non-Cupertino residents - $45
- Artists must submit the online form, upload
the images before September 5.
- The entry fee should be paid on or before September
10. Checks should be made payable to FALC. A $2 convenience fee
will be added to online payment to cover payment processing charges.
must be named according to this pattern: <Entry
order>-<ArtistName>-<Title>.jpg. Example: 1-JohnSmith-SunnyAfternoon.jpg.
- Images must be no larger than 1200x900 pixels for unified viewing on the computer.
Rules of Entry:
- All work must be original and executed by the exhibiting artist. Art works may not be a copy
or obviously resemble other artists’ art works, including images in the public domain, reproductions and photographs. An exception will be made if Artist can
present a signed release, allowing the use of someone else’s artwork (presumably a photograph) for reference.
- Submitted work must not have been exhibited at the previous Fall Fest Shows and must have been completed within the last 3 years.
- The specific work accepted for the show is to be made available for the show. Artwork that is submitted cannot be exchanged with another piece.
- All artwork must be hand delivered. FALC does not provide a facility to mail artwork to.
- All submitted artwork has to be for sale. Artist will be paid for any sold artwork
approximately 3 weeks from the end of the show. FALC will collect a 10% commission on sales.
- FALC Members can display prints, cards and other art works during the reception and show.
Holding bins and racks will be provided. Other items, handmade by the artists, can be displayed and sold at the show. FALC cannot provide space for additional
merchandise to other participants (not members of FALC). All items sold during the show are subject to 10% donation to FALC.
- The show committee reserves the right not to accept unsuitable items.
- FALC members must volunteer for at least two positions at the show or be a committee member.
Non-FALC members are welcome and encouraged to volunteer also.
- Any piece of submitted art that does not follow the FALC framing guidelines will be rejected from the show.
- All submitted work must be properly framed and ready to hang. Artwork must be completely dry, exposed paints must
be solid to touch (not only surface dry).
- Artwork on canvas must be framed or be painted around the sides.
- Frames must be made of metal or wood
- Watercolors, photographs, pastels and works on paper must be framed under protective Plexiglas.
- Artwork measuring less than 20" in either dimension can be framed under glass at the artist's risk. FALC will not
be held responsible for glass that may break during the show.
- All frames and canvases must have flat D-rings holding the wire in the back. Sawtooths, clamps, clips, or screw eyes
will not be accepted - no exceptions.
- The raw ends of the wires must be taped to prevent injury while handling. Stretch the wire tight. It should be at least
3"" from the top of the frame when the picture is hanging. Simple neutral frames and mats are preferred.
- Due to limited space, artwork measuring more than 72" on the longest side (framed size) cannot be accepted
to the show. Please note that size may be a consideration when jurying into the
show. You will need to supply an easel or stand for any artwork measuring more than 38" or for any 3 dimensional works.
- Work requiring special handling of any kind will not be accepted.
- Sculpture and ceramics have a size limitation of 24" wide. Ceramics will need to be on a special stand and cannot be hung.
- Triptychs and Diptychs are accepted, as equivalent to 3 or 2 entries respectively.
Awards: Will be announced shortly
2016 FALC Fall Fest 2016 Calendar
Septeber 05: Deadline for submissions.
September 06: Notification sent for acceptance.
September 09: Receiving artwork and Panel
set up - 5:00PM - 6:0PM
September 10: Show hanging - 6:00PM - 7:30 PM
September 10: Show Judging - 8:00AM - 9:00AM
September 10: Reception and awards - 3PM-
September 10: Fall Fest Show- 10AM
September 10: Artwork pickup, display takedown
Show Coordinator: Janki Chokshi
Receiving, Takedown and Display Coordinator:
Judging and Awards Coordinator: Open
Reception Coordinator: Open
Publicity Coordinator: Shubha Prithviraj
Sales Coordinator: Radha Rao
Receiving: (4) 5:00 - 6:00 PM
Panel setup: (6) 5:00 - 6:00 PM
Hanging: (6) 6:00 - 7:30 PM
Judging: (1) 8:00 - 9:00 AM
Sitting 1: (2) 9:45 AM - 1:00
Sitting 2: (2) 12:45 - 3:00 PM
Sitting 3: (2) 2:45 - 5:00 PM
Panel takedown: (All) 5:00 PM