Silicon Valley Fall Festival 2018
Show Date: Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 10AM-5PM
Location: Memorial Park, Stevens Creek Blvd., Cupertino
CALL FOR ENTRIES
The Fine Arts League of Cupertino (FALC) is now accepting registration for the annual Silicon Valley Fall Festival. The festival is held in Memorial Park in Cupertino on September 15, 2018 from 10AM to 5PM. Registration is open to all artists and the fee is $50. Deadline for all registration is August 15th. All artists are expected to volunteer to help in some capacity. See below for details.
George Rivera, M.A., is the former museum of art Executive Director & Senior Curator at the Triton Museum of Art in Santa Clara. Prior to the Triton, Rivera was the Executive Director & Curator of the San Jose Art League from 1982-1985.
Since 1977 he has organized and curated over 375 exhibitions including local, state, national and international projects, collaborating with small and major national museums, galleries and private collections, and has served as a solo juror or as a member of a panel of jurors for over 400 exhibitions and competitions of local, regional, statewide, national and international art programs, projects, fellowships, artist-in-residency programs and competitions.
He is an Associate Faculty Instructor of Art at Mission College in Santa Clara, and currently teaches courses at San Jose State University, San Jose Art League, Pacific Art League, UC Berkeley Extension, DeAnza College, Triton Museum of Art School and Mission College.
Rivera has been included in over 100 exhibitions locally, nationally and internationally. Since 1974 his drawings, mixed media, and paintings have been presented at art centers, galleries and museums. He has been a recipient of numerous awards in the fields of art, art education, curating, arts administration and community service.
Rivera is very generous with his time and his talent, and currently serves on numerous art/community boards and advisory board/committees for non-profit organizations and educational programs throughout the Bay Area.
As a benefit to FALC members, paid up members can register for the show at a discount before entry is opened to other artists.
received by August 5: $40 (FALC members only)
Final Deadline for Registration: August 15, 2018
1. All artwork must be original work by the submitting artist. No copies of other artist's work will be accepted.
2. No works depicting nude figures will be accepted for showing.
3. IMPORTANT: Any piece of submitted art that does not follow the FALC framing guidelines will be rejected from the show. All work must be properly framed and ready to be hung as follows:
· Watercolors and photographs should be framed and have glass or preferably plexiglass protecting the face of the art.
· Plexiglass instead of glass is required for framed pieces larger than 20" in any dimension.
· Wrap-around canvases will be accepted without frames provided the painting continues around the outside edge and does not have staples on the outside edges.
· All framed work must have suitable wire to accommodate the weight of the work and must have flat type wire connectors (D-rings) to avoid damage to walls and other art.
· D-rings should be secured approximately 1/3 of the height from the top of the frame. Stretch the wire tight. The raw ends of the wire must be taped. No sawtooths, clamps, clips or screw eyes can be used.
· All work should be thoroughly dry prior to exhibiting.
4. Individuals are responsible for bringing their work on time to designated exhibition sites and for pick-up after the showing.
5. FALC does not insure art work at its sponsored functions and is not responsible for damaged art, frames or glass.
6. FALC reserves the right to refuse to exhibit works that it deems objectionable or unqualified for showing.
7. All artwork must be picked up by the artist at the end of the event.
8. All participants are expected to help with table sitting / cashiering and breaking down the show. If you do not participate, your work may be removed from the show.
Aug. 5: ............ Early bird registration deadline for FALC members
Aug. 15: .......... Registration deadline
Sept. 14: ......... Panels and canopies will be set up in the evening
Sept. 15: SHOW DATE
8:30 AM.......... Panels will be assigned - hint: get there early if you want a good spot!
8:30 – 9:45...... Artwork hanging and set up - Each artist is responsible for hanging their own work.
10:00.............. Judging - Any work not setup by 9:45 AM will not be eligible for judging.
10:30.............. Group Photo
11:00-11:15.... Award Ceremony (main stage)
5:00PM........... Breakdown - Everyone must help with breaking down the panels and canopies
All artwork displayed must be for sale. All sales and taxes will be handled by FALC, with a 10% commission of all sales going to FALC. Sales will be processed by FALC and a check will be sent to the artist within 2 weeks after the show.
SETUP AND BREAKDOWN
Exhibiting artists will be assigned a certain amount of panel sides to hang their artwork. The number of sides each artist will be given is determined by how many artists are registered for the show and will be revealed after registration closes. Each panel side is 3’ wide by 6’ tall. Panel locations will be assigned on a first come, first served basis at 8:30 AM the day of the show. Each artist is responsible for hanging their own work before the show and taking it down at the end of the show.
Show coordinator: Janki Chokshi (408 893 3907)
We would love to hear from you.
Please click here to send your questions or comments to FALC